Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sweeping Blogs

According to a 2003 article in Forbes, sports blogs are "few and meager." They explain use as being unimportant and somewhat trivial. According to the article no one is reading them, and bloggers will never be able to compete with Web sites and cable TV.
I imagine if an article ran nowadays about sports blogging, it would be singing a different tune. Blogs in general are everywhere, and sports blogs seem to be a major source of sports information. Use however, seems to be coming from middle aged individuals. Just from asking around, it seems no one in my age group - 18-23 is using blogs at all. In fact, of the ten people I questioned, 0 said they even know how to access a blog and 0 said they had ever read a blog.
But blog use is up and young creators of blogs are coming into large sums of advertising money.
Sports blogs too are becoming increasingly popular, providing users a chance to link to hundreds of sports stories and articles from around the world, and view photos and videos of relevant sports news and information.
As for this blog, it seems to fall into the meager category Forbes talked about four years ago...

Because its fresh and newsworthy and it has to do with sports I had to include the following clip and story...


Just so you don't feel bad, here is the story that clears up how he survived.

All the best,

ben

4 comments:

Karen Miller Russell said...

What's up with this HDF thing that's showing up at the bottom of your posts?!

Ben said...

That was from the HDF Blog I made under this account. It was being kinda wierd so that statement was showing up as my name, but I think I fixed it now....

Anonymous said...

that video is insane! i'm glad you included the story so we know that the kid is ok...i bet he'll be scared of football for a while.

Ben said...

True, true. He appears to be doing fine though and seemed pretty excited about getting an autographed football. When I saw that video, I just felt I had to put it out there...